||Consecration; maturity for ministry; the marking of the right moment. Number of days of mourning
for Aaron (Numbers 20: 29).|
Israel spent 430 years in Egypt. 400 as slaves and 30 years as free men.
Christ spent 33 years on earth. 30 years as a free man and 3 1/2 years as the Messiah to fulfill the covenant.
||Things that deal with the name of God or Deity.|
||Having a covenant or agreement with a certain person or party.|
||The making of a pledge or promise to someone. The time when cleansing or restoration occurs.|
Jesus was 33 when He died.
A woman was unclean for 33 days after the birth of a son.
||The naming of a son.|
||Having hope, trust and confidence towards a person or thing.|
||Regards to a particular enemy or opposition.|
||The Word that comes from the almighty God.|
||Slavery or having complete control or dominance over an individual or group.|
||People having a sickness or disease.|
||Probation, testing, closing in victory or judgment, trials bringing on maturity or perfection,
purification. This is the length of time spent in the presence of God.|
The City of Nineveh given forty days:
Jonah 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh
shall be overthrown. 5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the
greatest of them even to the least of them.
Moses spent 40 years in the palace of Pharaoh (learning how to rule), and then 40 years in the desert with Jethro
(learning how to live in the desert) before returning to Egypt for the Exodus.
The Israelites spent forty years in the wilderness before entering the Promised Land.
Jesus Christ fasted 40 days at the time of his temptation by Satan.
The number forty has also been used to describe a divine period of judgment.
This is the length of time spent in the presence of God.
Forty days for an individual, forty years for a generation and four hundred years for a nation.
Forty days to test a child of God. During this time no food is eaten.
- Jesus fasted and was tempted in the wilderness. (Matthew 4:2; Mark 1:13; Luke 4:2)
- Jesus was on the earth for forty days after His resurrection. (Acts 1:3)
- Joshua searched the land 40 days (Numbers 14:34).
- Joshua 14:7 He was 40 years old.
- Moses was in the presence of God when he received the ten commandments. (Exodus 24:18; 34:28)
He lived to be 120 years old. He spent 40 years as an Egyptian prince, 40 years as a shepherd and the last 40 years in the exodus.
- Elijah fasted after he ran away from persecution. He lived forty days on the strength of the bread and water that he received from
an angel. (1 Kings 19:8)
- Noah was in the protection of God while it rained forty days and nights. (Genesis 7:12)
- Forty lashes were the maximum punishment. Deuteronomy 25:3, Ezekiel 4:6; Ezekiel 29:11
- The kings chosen by God reigned for forty years. David, Solomon.
- A woman was unclean for 40 days (7 + 33) after the birth of a son. (Leviticus 12)
Forty years for a rebellious generation after they have rejected a personal visit from God.
- Israel wandered in the desert before they entered the Promised Land. (Numbers 32:13)
- Forty years after Christ was rejected and crucified (31 AD), the temple was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD.
- Israel ate manna forty years (Exodus 16:35)
- Judges 13:1. Israel subdued by the Philistines forty years.
- 1 Kings 2:11. And the days that David reigned over Israel were forty years: seven years reigned he in Hebron, and thirty and
three years reigned he in Jerusalem.